A properly working ventilation system is needed for:
- Cycling the air through the whole building
- Swapping the unclean air with clean, pollutant air
- Supplying safe air for breathing
- Filtering out pollutants, bacteria, and other harmful allergens
- Controlling the humidity level to remove excess moisture from living space to prevent bacteria and mold growth
- Controlling temperature in the building
- Letting the smoke escape from the house produced by burning appliances
The Approved Document B is specifically issued for the fire safety and ventilation related regulations. It clearly lays out the rules and guidance plan to ensure the safety of the occupants as well as decreasing the damage done to the building and its contents by fire. Ignoring and not complying with these documents can have serious consequences for the occupants.
Want to update your ventilation system? Visit the Addlite and Access’s official website and check out the latest products, including AOV Smoke Ventilation System, Automatic Smoke Vent Roof Hatch, and AOV Smoke Vent Rooflight. We do not compromise on quality and will be available to respond to any inquiry you may have.